This is a guide for setting up an Albacross Workflow in order to automatically notify you about companies showing intent on your website in Google Sheets.
A Google account with sufficient permissions to install 3rd party integrations
An Albacross account with Administrator privileges to connect integrations
To get started with setting up a workflow to Google Sheets:
1. When logged in to Albacross, go to the Workflows tab and click "Create Workflow"
2. Choose Google Sheets
3. You are now on the Google Sheets configuration page, where you can configure which companies you want to be exported and what the output should look like in your Sheet.
4. Choose a Name for your workflow. This will be displayed in the Workflows list for quick access if you need to view or edit your settings at a later stage.
5. Choose the Segment you want to enable to filter out which companies you want your Workflow to send. This filtering is added through the saved Segments from your account. If you want to create a new Segment or update an existing one, you can do so from the main Intent list.
6. In the Output options, decide if you want to send only new companies to your Sheet, or if companies that return to your website should be sent.
Note: Returning visitors will be displayed as new rows in your Sheet.
7. Connect Albacross to the Sheet you want data to be exported to. To proceed click the Connect Google Sheets button.
8. A popup appears to select the Google account that you want to access the Sheet from. Choose your account to proceed to the next step.
9. After authentication is completed, select the sheet you want to use as the output file.
10. The file that you've chosen will now appear in the workflow settings. Choose the Tab from you Sheet where you want data to be exported.
11. Select if you want to include header information for your Sheet. Choose "Yes, add header with default values" if you want to add a header value for each data point that you're configuring in Step 13 of this guide.
12a. Select if you want to include Contact data in your exports. Note that each contact exported will be counted towards your Contacts Quota limit for each export.
12b. Select your criteria for which contacts should be exported from each company identified.
Note: If you select more than 1 contacts, each contact will be added on a new row in your document.
13. The final step to set the Data Mapping where your data should be exported into your Sheet. Each data point is mapped to a Column in your document. By default there will be fields already mapped in your initial workflow.
13a. To add new fields, click Add custom fields
13b. Select the data point you want to export.
13c. Select the Sheet column where you want the data to be exported.
14. To edit an existing data mapping field, click the field row to enable edit mode, or click the X icon on the right side to remove it.
15. When you are done with you data mapping and configuration, click Save changes to activate your workflow.
16. Your workflow will be added to the Workflows list and will start sending data to your spreadsheet as soon as it's activated. Companies from your selected Segment will be exported in real-time directly when they have ended their visitor session on your website.
17. Click Quick actions in your selected workflow to:
Pause the workflow and disable data exports to your selected sheet
Duplicate the workflow to create a copy if you want to recreate a new workflow
Send example to send a static example to your sheet to validate your configuration
Remove the workflow to delete it permanently
18. Go to your spreadsheet to validate your configuration and see new exports updating the Sheet for each new visit according to your chosen Segment.
19. The installation and setup is done! 🚀