This is a guide for setting up an Albacross Workflow in order to automatically export your leads to Salesforce CRM.
Want to learn more about Salesforce CRM? Check out this article.
To get started with setting up a Workflow to Salesforce CRM:
1. Make sure that you have a Salesforce account with privileges to connect integrations.
2. When logged in to Albacross, click Workflows and select 'New Workflow'.
2a. Choose Salesforce in the popup.
2b. If you haven't connected Albacross to your Salesforce account, you will be prompted to do so. Follow the steps on the screen in order to set up your connection to Salesforce.
Note: You are also able to connect your Salesforce Sandbox account from the integration configuration hub.
3. Add a name for your Workflow. This will be the identifier of the workflow and we recommend you use a self-explanatory name. This name can always be changed at a later time.
You can also select when you would like to export the reports on your Salesforce account: Real-time, or Delayed. Delayed exports can be useful if you are also using other tools to update your Salesforce records. This avoids duplicate records because it allows time for duplicate checks before a record can be exported.
4. Add the conditions applied to the workflow in order to filter out which leads you want your Workflow to send. This filtering is added through the saved Segments from your account. If you want to create a new Segment, you can do so from the main leads list.
5. Choose how the workflow should relate to the existing records in your Salesforce platform. You can choose that the workflow should either only create new records that do not already exist in your platform or only update records that already exist. You can also choose that it should do both. The connection will use the company domain URL to compare it with your already existing records in Salesforce.
You are also able to choose between adding or updating Leads, Accounts, Contacts or Custom Objects. Select all that you want to apply by clicking the object and checking the box to enable the record to be created.
From Albacross you are able to optionally send contact data to decision-makers as part of the Lead object created, but if you choose not to, the Lead will be created with only Company information with a placeholder dash ( - ) sign to indicate the name.
Example of a known lead and an unknown lead inside Salesforce:
6. The workflow will create or update leads in your Salesforce platform. You have the possibility to also send contact data. This is enabled by checking the checkbox for Export Contact data. If contact export is enabled, you can set up how many Albacross contacts you want to export and filters for the contact details on Keywords criteria such as "Sales", "Marketing" or "CEO" to choose the target roles for your ideal customer profile.
7. Select in the Settings if you would like to create a Lead, Account, or Contact if a matching record already exists.
Under Record Matching, you can add which data points you would like to use for matching records. A record will only be exported if the selected fields are matched. This adds more validation checks before a record is exported, which also helps in reducing duplicate records.
8. The data exported to the lead object in Salesforce will have some default mappings but you will also have the option to create custom data mappings. This is perfect if you have set up your own Custom Fields in Salesforce and want to populate those with the Albacross data.
Note that by default, fields that have been mapped in this configuration will overwrite existing data inside the object in Salesforce, if you wish to keep some fields persistent, you are able to do so by clicking a field (both Default and Custom fields are possible) and unchecking the box for 'Overwrite existing data'. If you choose to have this unchecked, Albacross will only populate empty fields and leave fields with an existing value as it is.
9. Salesforce Picklists assignments are possible to automate by assigning a specific value to a picklist field. This could be valuable if you, for example, want to assign a specific Account or Lead Owner based on segmentation, set the status or scoring, or simply want to set the Lead Source to 'Albacross'
10. When you are happy with the configuration of your workflow you need to save it. Click on the button Save changes.
11. The installation and setup is done and you will now start to receive or update leads in your Salesforce account as soon as they are processed. 🚀